In this episode, CFN Editor-in-Chief Brian McCall and Managing Editor Matt Gaspers discuss the following news items:
- More Confirmations that Querida Amazonia is Seriously Problematic
- Dr. Maike Hickson reports further testimony from various close collaborators of Pope Francis on the revolutionary nature of the post-synodal document, as well as plans on the part of Latin American bishops to press for married priests in light of QA.
- New Dean of Sacred College Blasts Cardinal Zen, Archbishop Viganò Defends Him
- Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re, Dead of the Sacred College (assumed office on Jan. 18), published an open letter to the entire College of Cardinals (dated Feb. 26, Ash Wednesday) attacking Cardinal Joseph Zen, Bishop-emeritus of Hong Kong, for the latter’s courageous criticisms of the 2018 Sino-Vatican agreement (see here and here for statements from Cardinal Zen).
- In response to Cardinal Re’s open letter, Archbishop Carlo Maria
Viganò released an open letter to Cardinal Zen expressing his great “esteem and veneration” for the Chinese prelate and denouncing Cardinal Re’s “ignominious and shameful letter”.