Catholic Family News

Help Us Keep the Mission of Tradition Going Strong!

August 2019 Edition Now Available – Preview HERE

Dear Friends in Christ,

On June 20, Crisis Magazine published an online article whose headline grabbed my attention: “First Reaction of Teenage Boys to the Traditional Latin Mass”. Written by a Catholic high school religion teacher, the author explains that for the past few years he has been giving a rather ingenious assignment to all of his students – boys from families who attend the Novus Ordo – during their junior year: “to attend either the Mass of another Catholic Rite or the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite, and to describe their experience, writing what was the same or different and their honest reactions to it.”

The feedback he has received is enlightening and encouraging: “Overall, the Traditional Latin Mass seemed more holy than the ordinary Mass I’m accustomed to.” “The Latin language as a whole, I feel, is much more fitting for what the Mass really is.” “One thing I really liked about the Latin Mass was the meditation that is involved. For me, it forced me to examine my conscience.” These are but a small sample of student reactions after attending their first Traditional Mass.

As I wrote last October while covering the Youth Synod in Rome, young Catholics are starving for the beauty, order, and permanence that only Tradition can provide. By and large, they have been deprived of their Catholic birthright, not because of malice, but due primarily to ignorance on the part of their parents. Will you help us keep our apostolate going strong in order to reach such souls with Catholic Tradition?

Catholic Family News is currently offering a 20% discount on all purchases of lectures (both digital downloads and CDs) from our 2019 conference – “The New Mass: Fifty Years of Problems” – for those who purchase a new subscription or renew an existing subscription. Those who subscribe or renew receive a discount code for online orders (digital downloads) or have the discount applied when ordering over the phone (CDs). As an extra incentive to support our work, we are extending this discount for another month (offer valid thru Sept. 29, feast of St. Michael the Archangel).

Subscribe or renew your subscription to Catholic Family News today and help us keep the mission of Tradition going strong! We are committed to reaching young Catholics with the treasures of Tradition – through our newly redesigned website, on social media, and with more video content – but we need your help to do so. Be a part of our mission to raise up a new generation of holy Machabees, zealous souls ready to defend Our Lord and His Church.

In Christo Rege per Mariam,

Matt Gaspers, Managing Editor

Avatar photo

Matt Gaspers

Matt Gaspers is the Managing Editor of Catholic Family News. He was asked by John Vennari (1958-2017), longtime Editor of CFN and stalwart defender of the Faith, to carry on CFN’s important work shortly before Mr. Vennari’s passing. In addition to writing for CFN, Mr. Gaspers has also been published by The Fatima Crusader, OnePeterFive, and LifeSiteNews. His study and writing interests include theology, Church history, Fatima, Islam, and the spiritual life. He has spoken at conferences hosted by Catholic Family News and the Fatima Center. He and his wife, together with their children, reside in Colorado.

Matt Gaspers

Avatar photo